Help us beat breast cancer

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I just want to be able to work!

Hello everyone! I have officially gotten over the side effects of my first chemo treatment. I feel good, almost back to normal. One minor problem. My neutrophil count is low and instead of rising, it just keeps falling to the point that my immune system is about shot. The count is too low to work at my job, caring for the sick. I'm stuck in the house and that's getting old. I love my kids but man, are they getting on my nerves. I contacted my boss to see if there is somewhere else I can be placed until I'm healthy enough to take on the role again. I hope so because I would like some sense of normalcy back. Today is day 13 since I started my treatment. My hair is beginning to thin, strand by strand. I've been mentally preparing myself for this for weeks but it's still a blow to my self esteem. Everyone's been great, offering beautiful words of encouragement. I swear, what would I do without you all? I'd be in a dark cloud of dispair but you all won't let me. You were all placed in my life for a reason and now, it's all becoming clear why! Thank you as always, from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Krista! keep fighting, you will beat this!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete